Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Adding enclosed porch to front of house - recommended carpenters in the South East.

(3 Posts)
ladybird8131 Thu 19-May-16 16:43:44

Hi again, having just moved into our new home, we have a long list of changes/additions to make.

Number 2 on our list (after the Belfast sink!) is a porch to add to the front of the house. The main reason for it is that the house is freezing cold, due to the front and back door facing one another )even though it's a new build and doors are insulated).
I have sent at least three emails to different companies but no reply yet! Due to the style of the house I think it would be better to go for a timber enclosed porch. All doors and windows are wood.

So I would be ever so grateful if you could share some advice in terms of cost, size and companies used for this type of work. I am looking to achive something like this, but attached to the side of the house www.customoak.co.uk/project/table/

In the meantime, I am desperately looking to buy some thick curtains for both doors!

Thanks a bunch!
LB

Believeitornot Thu 19-May-16 17:10:16

You might be better off going to a website like mybuilder and putting the work needed on there. Then you'll get people getting in touch and you can read their reviews and check their previous work out?

MrsKipling16 Thu 19-May-16 18:32:53

Not sure whereabouts in the SE you are, but this company is based in West Sussex.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now