Talk

Advanced search

Anyone want to help find me a range cooker?

(16 Posts)
Pinkheart5915 Wed 18-May-16 15:55:00

I hope this is the right section.

I am wanting a range cooker an I've not found any I like. I would like one in either cream or white.
No budget!

Somebody help me find one??

member Wed 18-May-16 16:04:52

What does it need to have? e.g electric oven/gas hob/induction hob ; any particular width, etc

Pinkheart5915 Wed 18-May-16 16:08:37

The one we have at the moment is a gas hob and an electric oven. But can be all gas or electric/ induction hob.

Pinkheart5915 Wed 18-May-16 16:10:20

Width 110 cm

minipie Wed 18-May-16 17:55:01

Britannia Delphi link

Or they do the Fleet which is similar but more period stylee

I have a Britannia and it's done good service

pinkshagpile Wed 18-May-16 22:09:20

I have a Falcon which I adore, but we also looked at Mercury and Lacanche

zgaze Wed 18-May-16 22:24:22

I've got a Mercury 1082 induction, it's the love of my life!!

coolpatterngirl Thu 19-May-16 11:26:26

I do like the look of range cookers, but aren't they difficult to clean? Do you have to lay down to clean the inside?

minipie Thu 19-May-16 12:52:29

My mum has a Lacanche. I hate it - it takes forever to light the burners, all the burners are huge and it appears to have two settings "very hot" and "nuclear".

coolpattern yes I do have to pretty much lie down or would if I ever cleaned it the Britannia ones can have self cleaning liners though.

I agree eye level ovens save your back, however my issue with eye level ovens is where do you put the hot oven dish when you need to stir, baste, turn - you have to have a heatproof area nearby to put the dish on. Range makes it easy as you put the hot dish on the burners which are obviously heatproof.

Herschellmum Thu 19-May-16 19:01:16

Falcons are lovely, so nice, I we y to purchase one last year but unfortunately none of the "big names" we available for a week or longer and I desperately needed one there and then, went with range master in the end as I could get it next day. I was well disappointed as I really wanted a falcon, but the range master is fine, it was cheaper but at £2500 not mega cheap, and it works fantastically.

Go in and look at them though and ask questions, Britannia is fansantic if your after things like timers etc (which I have never used). Go in, get a feel for them and see what takes your fancy.

NaturalBlondeYeahRight Thu 19-May-16 19:06:52

Had to log in just because I saw this thread. Just saying what not to buy. I've got the Leisure cream retro look range (purely because it was pretty and suited house) full electric. It's bloody useless. Cooks unevenly, got through loads of elements in last 4/5 years and knobs are peeling.
Just throwing that out there as it sounds like what you fancy.

Madbengalmum Thu 19-May-16 19:13:41

I have had brittania, crap. And a Falcon deluxe, crap. Not impressed by range cookers at all. Brittania was tinny and cheap feeling, falcon is well built, but seems to over cook and nuke everything, and the big downside was it was a bast* rd to clean. I now have built in steam oven and fan ovens and induction hob and it is soooo much better. Sorry, not helpful

Trickytricky Thu 19-May-16 19:19:24

Have you considered the electric Aga, Esse, Everhot. I have fallen in love with a cream Everhot 110cm pricey but amazing...

Chloe94 Thu 19-May-16 19:37:22

I've just brought a leisure one from ao I got it in silver which cost alot more than the cream and black for some reason but all reviews were very good and I think it only cost 850 and you get 150 cash back. After doing a lot of research I found out cheaper ones can be just as good if not a lot better than the expensive ones and it looks just as good smile

Airfixkitwidow Thu 19-May-16 20:21:47

Trickytricky I have the everhot 90i. It is worth getting the induction hob as well as the hot plates. Wonderful oven and if I ever move it will be moving with me. I strongly recommend it particularly if you are a keen cook.

Pinkheart5915 Fri 20-May-16 13:44:36

Thank you for your responses. The everhot and falcon ones look good, I am determined to get DH to agree on one over the weekend

coolpattergirl yes you do sort of have to get laying down to clean but they do look fab

naturalblond thanks for your comment about the Leisure cream retro look one as I have looked at that one in the past in two minds over weather to go for it so our comment was very helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now