Talk

Advanced search

2 doubles and 2 singles or 3 doubles?

(3 Posts)
whois Wed 18-May-16 08:54:41

I'm thinking of buying a property that has 2 good size doubles and then two really narrow bedrooms - they are 3.55 x 1.76 and 4.42 x 1.67.

For my purposes I would prefer to knock them through to create a third double. But is that a really bad idea for re-sale purposes?

This would be the 'spare' room so it might be OK putting a standard double in the 1.76 room against the wall with approx 35 cm to squeeze down the side to get in and out? Or is that just totally shit for any visitors?

If I could squeeze a double bed in one, then I could use the other narrow room as my dressing room which is an attractive thought as would keep bedroom clear!

PigletJohn Wed 18-May-16 14:01:53

modern houses in particular like to squeeze in tiny rooms so they can advertise a four bed. If you can't fit in a bed, wardrobe and desk or dressing table, and walk round the bed, it's not a proper room.

whois Wed 18-May-16 17:10:20

Yeah they are barley single beds really!

Anyway I was too late with my dithering over the bedrooms. Vendors have accepted an asking price offer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now