Advanced search

Replacing sandstone around window?

(4 Posts)
WhyHasAllTheRumGone Mon 16-May-16 21:15:01

DM has a bay window which is bordered with sandstone. On the left hand side the sandstone has weathered badly and is in need of replacement. A builder has suggested replacing with concrete which will look the same as the stone once painting. DM wanted to check out the relative prices of the sandstone or concrete replacements but we don't know what the piece is called? It's it still a lintel if the piece is vertical?

Any information or advice appreciated.

ohidoliketobe Mon 16-May-16 21:17:35

We had outs replaced in our old house and I can't for the life of me remember.
We went for sandstone from a stone Mason FWIW as was advised that the texture with concrete might be different to the remaining stonework.

WhyHasAllTheRumGone Mon 16-May-16 21:19:36

Thanks ohi. About how much did it cost?

caroldecker Mon 16-May-16 21:42:24

Anything other than a matching material will show in time. these seem cheap enough to replace the whole lot, then you will have a match. Sandstone would appear to be several hundred pounds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now