range cookers

(8 Posts)
bowsaw Mon 16-May-16 13:45:56

looking at getting one in the kitchen we are currently replacing

are the oven cavities smaller to give you two in the 90 and 100cm sized ones, than in say a 60cm traditional cooker

our last house had a slimline cooker and it drove us mad that so much of our pans/trays would not fit and on those occasions a shop brought pizza was the order of the day it had to be cut in half to fit it in with the door shut. so dont want to go back down that route

wowfudge Mon 16-May-16 13:49:32

You'd need to look at the spec for any range cooker you were interested in. It should be detailed in there.

bowsaw Mon 16-May-16 14:33:33

they all seem to just list litres, might have to pop to the shops with a pizza tray :-)

wowfudge Mon 16-May-16 16:06:17

That's annoying. Ring a retailer and ask - they should be keen to give you the info as they'll want to make a sale.

HereIAm20 Mon 16-May-16 16:49:27

We had a Britannia 90cm which we have just got rid of as it was bloody awful. I have gone for eye level ovens now. One oven is standard sized but the second oven was pretty much unusable. I would definitely take some pans that you might use at the same time in 2 ovens and try them out.

ExConstance Mon 16-May-16 16:54:19

We have a Rangemaster 90 cm, I really love it. Although the smaller over looks very narrow it takes my large cast iron casserole and I have some baking trays that fit. it is only the second oven anyway and the larger oven is big enough to take anything. I like having the grill at waist height.

gillviola Mon 16-May-16 16:56:06

I have a Falcon 1100 range oven with 2 big ovens of equal size. It is great.

bowsaw Tue 17-May-16 11:59:08

the thin one looks ideal for the breads etc i make,

thanks but dont want eye level as going for only low level on that wall where the gas supply is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now