Talk

Advanced search

bathroom sink without an overflow??? PgletJohn r there!?

(6 Posts)
becks5109 Wed 11-May-16 14:22:52

I've seen a bathroom sink on ebay but it has no overflow - is there any reason anyone can think of why I shouldn't buy it (apart from the possibility of flooding my bathroom!). Thanks.

PigletJohn Wed 11-May-16 14:35:08

only the flooding.

I suppose if you live in a tent it won't matter much.

Have you looked at all the other basins on the market, which do have overflows? Why don't you like them?

becks5109 Wed 11-May-16 14:41:05

Thanks smile - I'm happy to have one with an flow it just happened that one that came up on ebay didn't have one...

I had a visit to City Plumbing this morning and even with the 20% discount they offered me everything still seemed a lot more expensive than online so thought I would take to ebay to try my luck!

Thanks for your help smile

PigletJohn Wed 11-May-16 15:05:38

www.plumbworld.co.uk/

In "search" put in basin.

Then try again with "clearance." You may be surprised.

becks5109 Wed 11-May-16 15:10:16

thanks smile I'll take a look - I value your knowledge! This whole bathroom malarkey is very overwhelming with so many different ranges to choose from and not knowing if some are cheap imports!

didireallysaythat Wed 11-May-16 16:15:36

We're going to put a sink with no overflow into our downstairs loo. However it doesn't have a hole that will accept a plug - I don't think people run a sink of water to wash their hands (I've two boys I'm grateful if they wave their hands anywhere near a sink). It's a rear outlet sink - common in public toilets as there's no flood risk assuming the drain doesn't block up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now