Talk

Advanced search

Shower - ceiling rose and shower rail?

(7 Posts)
snowgirl1 Tue 10-May-16 22:50:15

We're fitting a new shower and are going to have a ceiling rose. I think we also need a sliding shower rail so that we can clean the shower more easily; rinse our feet; or have a shower without washing hair (v. rare for us). DH isn't convinced - it' cheaper not to have the sliding shower rail and will look better without, is his view.

Have you fitted a ceiling rose only and regretted it??

member Tue 10-May-16 22:53:59

I'd want an attachment that you can use to squoosh around your nether regions!

snowgirl1 Tue 10-May-16 23:00:22

Squoosh your nether regions - ha ha! That's what a sliding shower rail would enable us to do - unhook it from the rail and have a good squoosh. grin

Guiltypleasures001 Tue 10-May-16 23:03:45

Oh god yes Gotta be able to rinse out the bits grin

member Tue 10-May-16 23:06:39

Invoke the mystique of female anatomy and emissions wink

LowDudgeon Tue 10-May-16 23:20:48

I would argue that you don't need a ceiling rose at all, just the slider, set fairly high.

Much easier & cheaper to fit as well as being utterly versatile grin

wowfudge Wed 11-May-16 07:54:40

A ceiling rose on its own is my idea of showering hell - you can't move it; you need to wear a shower cap if you don't want to wash your hair; you can't rinse the shower or bath out afterwards; you can't easily clean the bath or shower; you can't really wash just your hair (if you ever colour your hair yourself, what are you going to do?); and, finally, if you have one of those showers where the pipework is concealed in the walls and tiled over then if anything goes wrong the whole lot needs to come off to fix things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now