Please tell me how much you love your loft extension or garden redesign

(5 Posts)
Suzietwo Sun 08-May-16 07:54:13

8 months pregnant, wfh and 3 small kids.

Want my house back! Partic now the sun is out.

pippistrelle Sun 08-May-16 09:21:00

I'm assuming this means you're well into the project, but probably at the stage where it seems never-ending, and you (almost) wish you hadn't bothered? Well, much empathy. Ours isn't finished quite yet but we're so nearly there that I can see light at the end of the tunnel (as long as the tunnel isn't on the first floor because turning a light on there causes the electricity in the rest of the house to trip out... what fun!). So, electrics sorted out tomorrow, a bit of carpentry left to do, but essentially the rooms are there now, and they look great, so I'm already starting to forget the weeks and weeks of dust and noise. Maybe it's a bit like pregnancy and childbirth in that once you get the good bit, you forget the bad that went before?

I am so looking forward to regaining possession of our house though. It'll be worth it in the end, OP! How much longer do you have to go? (On the building, not the pregnancy.)

Suzietwo Sun 08-May-16 10:15:43

Thank you! I've been here before and know it ends even when it feels endless. I think it's the heat as we can't open windows due to skaffolding and I'm hot. I'm also not able to see the progress as they wont let me up the ladder thebastards.

Hoping it's going to be partially finished by the time I come home with baby (scheduled c) but really?!? Seems a bit optimistic!

We have to move out for 2 weeks probably immediately proceeding baby arriving. Which is actually fine as I'm not much of a nester

Suzietwo Sun 08-May-16 10:16:36

And yes this is basically a pointless whinge although would be nice to hear from anyone who says 'it's amazing!!'

pippistrelle Sun 08-May-16 14:36:32

You're a better woman than me, dealing with all of that at once: I'd be frazzled. But it will be amazing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now