Talk

Advanced search

identifying paint colour already on the wall...

(4 Posts)
creamoftomato Fri 06-May-16 13:44:59

Any ideas how to do this? When we bought our house it had been gutted and done up by developers, and I would guess they'd have used Dulux trade paints or similar. The walls are a sort of taupey cream colour and woodwork a sort of... mushroomy... taupey... pale brown/grey ish colour. Hmm. I need to touch up but I've no idea how to find out what colours they are and I can't get in touch with the sellers three years on (plus I hate them for other reasons). I tried downloading the Dulux trade app but there's no colour matchy thing in there, and when I went on the Dulux trade website I was confronted with about 1000000 colour options, having assumed there would be only a few.

CarpeJugulum Fri 06-May-16 13:48:20

Have you tried the Valspar range in B&Q?

Maybe take home a few of the paint cards that you think are close, and work it out?

wowfudge Fri 06-May-16 15:56:20

It might be a long shot, but do you know who the developers were? If they are still in business they can probably tell you. I used to work for a developer and the colours used in residential properties were always the same (Egyptian Cotton and pure brilliant white by Dulux).

TremoloGreen Fri 06-May-16 16:38:19

It's likely to be one of the dulux off the shelf colours that you can buy in 5L or 10L tins. Egyptian cotton is a good guess for the walls. Also if you can match using valspar colour chips, the paint does dry to exactly the same colour as the chip ime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now