Advanced search

Taking your property off the market when buyer hasn't sold?

(14 Posts)
lavenderpekins Fri 06-May-16 08:57:29

It's their second offer still lower than previous offers which have fallen through.

They're proposing do use our ea who've told us their property should sell quickly and possibly to a first time buyer.

We're not exactly inundated with offers.. We did counter offer and ask for the asking price and we'd take it off..

Would love any advice.. We can wait for a bit as we've not found anywhere to move..

Thank you

Twitterqueen Fri 06-May-16 09:00:30

No no no. Everything can - and often does - change in the whole house buying process. Leave it on.

bibbitybobbityyhat Fri 06-May-16 09:01:56

No, of course not! They can come back to you once they have an offer on their property.

AnnaT45 Fri 06-May-16 09:03:48

Agree leave it on until they've had their offer. They should understand

lavenderpekins Fri 06-May-16 09:04:41

Thanks Twitter. Problem is we're really not inundated.. Great area, se but on a busy road..
I'm worried about loosing them but yes it doesn't sit well with me..

lavenderpekins Fri 06-May-16 09:06:48

Thank you - our ea a bit pushy..

Twitterqueen Fri 06-May-16 09:11:46

Well you won't get any more offers if you take it off the market will you? wink Your prospective buyers are in a very weak position if they haven't sold yet.

EAs will say anything they can to make a deal stick because they (obviously) want the money. They're not personally interested in you or in getting a better price for you.

lavenderpekins Fri 06-May-16 09:54:37

Good point Twitter! Would you leave it on and accept their offer then or not accept until they've sold?

I don't reckon EA will push for more viewings/offers if we've accepted but kept it on.. Iyswim?

ThroughThickAndThin01 Fri 06-May-16 09:56:30

I'd say "Great! Thank you. Once you're in a position to proceed we'll take it off the market for you"

ThroughThickAndThin01 Fri 06-May-16 09:59:01

The truth is that your ea probably won't be enthusiastically marketing your property as they now have two sales riding on it.

Be absolutely clear you want it to be marketed still. If they don't get any viewings, keep chasing them up as to what they they doing about it.

Twitterqueen Fri 06-May-16 10:06:31

I would never accept an offer from anyone who hasn't sold. They are not in a position to make you an offer.

Also, if they really want your house they will try harder to sell theirs. And if you accept their offer the EA will just stop marketing it so you won't get any more views.

Don't reject the offer out of hand but simply say you can't accept as they haven't sold. And make it very clear to the EA that you expect them to continue marketing your house. That is what you are paying them for.

lavenderpekins Fri 06-May-16 10:20:25

Fantastic advice thank you all so much!

BettySpaghettiHasLostHerHead Sat 07-May-16 05:08:42

Lavender - I agree with everything Twitter said!
We've had the same situation and our EA said to me that until they are under offer people are not viable buyers and he would not take our property off the market if they did offer on that basis.
IF you think about it, literally any person off the street can make an offer, only take the ones who have invested in the process seriously! It is hard when you aren't inundated with offers. Despite some reports we've found the market is very quiet at the moment, very few things coming on or going off so hold tight!

icklekid Sat 07-May-16 05:57:23

We made it clear we would make full asking price offer when we sold but wouldn't have expected them to come off the market. In the end we lost anot amazing house- they accepted a lower offer and a week later we sold. If their sale had fallen through I would have jumped on it- just the way things go when buying/selling

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now