Talk

Advanced search

can we install a dishwasher in this kitchen? and a tall fridge ?

(8 Posts)
Babettescat Thu 05-May-16 07:02:17

We've seen a property we love but can't for our lives work out how to get a dishwasher in. And our fridge freezer. Any ideas from the pics? Thanks very much!

wowfudge Thu 05-May-16 07:42:42

Can you post a floorplan as well? Is there anywhere you could use as a utility room? In which case put it where the washing machine is now. There just isn't enough to go on to re: the fridge. You could take the breakfast bar out - looks like the sellers don't use it.

Babettescat Thu 05-May-16 09:57:02

Thank you here's the floor plan. No utility room but a converted guest room office room type room which we want to use a study for me

salsamad Thu 05-May-16 10:24:11

My DH (plumber/heating engineer) installed a slimline dishwasher in our kitchen in place of a small cupboard, we were happy to lose the storage space in order to have a dishwasher. I can see you can't install one next to the washer as the wall juts out into that cupboard and you will need full cupboard depth. Perhaps you could go the other side of your sink unit (can't see if that's suitable from photo) - if not you could go along the cooker wall providing your cooker is built in and not freestanding (space needed underneath for pipework etc) - if unsure get a plumber to look at property with you as to wether it's possible.
I would shorten the counter/worktop space nr to the doors (where picture hangs on wall) and remove chrome pole too, then put f/freezer there providing it isn't too large (American style fridge freezer).

wowfudge Thu 05-May-16 14:31:52

Looking at the floorplan, I'd look at creating a utility room in the back part of the garage - it backs on to the downstairs WC. I'd move the washing machine into there and partition it off from the rest of the garage, put a sink in, etc. I really don't like washing machines in kitchens.

Babettescat Thu 05-May-16 15:08:48

Fabulous ideas I knew you would help. Do you anticipate it to cost loads? It's in a village in Bedfordshire by the way.

ItsALuigi Thu 05-May-16 15:44:35

If you have a double cupboard under your sink it could be possible to put an integrated dishwasher in one side (which is what we are planning to do)

Babettescat Thu 05-May-16 16:43:57

Will show this thread to DH after viewing another property tonight. Thanks so much every one of you :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now