Advanced search

what tradesman do I need?

(4 Posts)
Theknittinggorilla Wed 04-May-16 14:43:51

To move a couple of doors to turn a bathroom into an ensuite. Do I need a builder, or a joiner? Would a bathroom fitter do this too or do I get them to come and look after the building work is done? Help appreciated....

MattDillonsPants Wed 04-May-16 14:46:21

You need a builder and a joiner...the builder will often have his own joiner on a team. Some builders can do joinery....and some joiners can do building. But the job involves both.

MrsLeighHalfpenny Wed 04-May-16 14:51:44

Do you mean doors, or do you mean doorways?

If it's just moving doors, then a carpenter will be what you want. However, I suspect you mean doorways, so you need a builder, who will knock holes in the walls and brick holes up, and who will either know enough carpentry to fit the door, door surround etc or employ one for you.

Same for fitting the bathroom - the builder will either know enough about plumbing to do this for you, or employ a plumber.

You could project manage yourself and employ all trades separately, but it's better to leave it to a builder to manage the whole lot. Probably cheaper too.

Theknittinggorilla Wed 04-May-16 14:56:50

Thank you - builder it is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now