Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Something to put my TV on...help needed!

(9 Posts)
VelvetSpoon Wed 04-May-16 13:51:34

Basically that. Can anyone find anything suitable for me that is big enough and not unsightly? Oh, and preferably doesn't cost the earth.

Tv in question is a very unapproved of by MN whopper of 55in.

Can't wall hang it because my walls are plasterboard, and doubt they'd take the weight.

At the moment it's on the floor, looking a bit sorry for itself blush

I just want something that isn't a big horrible glass/ metal TV stand. But anything wooden seems to be £££s....

wowfudge Wed 04-May-16 15:05:42

Have you had a look on the Currys website? Lots of different ones on there.

VelvetSpoon Wed 04-May-16 17:23:18

Thanks, yes I did have a look on there but anything the right size (plus ideally it needs to be a cantilever one as well, as tv not very stable on it's tiny feet) was £300 odd, which seems a lot.

Have looked on ebay, Amazon etc. Just can't find anything that looks nice and is on budget.

PixieGio Wed 04-May-16 22:02:40

British heart foundation usually have one or two lying around. .. and ikea had one in the outlet for £130, worth checking ikea clearance from time to time!

Crikeyblimey Wed 04-May-16 22:08:18

Depends what you want but we have this ( In walnut) from JL and I love it.
m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/avf-affinity-buckingham-1100-tv-stand-for-tvs-up-to-55-/p2681202?colour=Oak&un_jtt_v_pdp=yes&un_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_1#page_loaded

Crikeyblimey Wed 04-May-16 22:09:41

Sorry - just saw the price and maybe too much. It is lovely though.

magicstar1 Wed 04-May-16 22:10:21

IKEA have some great ones

omgoap Thu 05-May-16 11:14:43

I had this struggle recently. So many are just so ugly!

I got the smaller version of this one and its really nice and just simple - www.habitat.co.uk/elliot-white-large-av-unit-313769

West Elm have some lovely ones but they are not cheap! www.westelm.co.uk/media-tv-storage-we-uk

PigletJohn Thu 05-May-16 11:51:15

You might think your wall is made of plasterboard, but most likely it is made of a sturdy wooden frame with plasterboard nailed to it. When you have worked out where the studs and noggins are you can drill and drive in 2" woodscrews for your mounting plate.

Use "Advanced Search" for "special tool" and my name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now