Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Grand Designs Live......with kids?

(6 Posts)
lisbapalea Tue 03-May-16 12:18:24

I have managed to get 2 free tickets to GD Live and was planning on going this Sunday with DH and our two DDs (aged 2 and 6).

Am I mad to consider taking children?

Have never been before and have no idea what to expect?

mrsmortis Tue 03-May-16 13:25:40

I went a couple of years ago with DDs aged 4 and 1 and it was fine. The biggest problem was finding a quiet corner to sit in so that we could have a picnic lunch.

JT05 Tue 03-May-16 19:19:00

We often go to this event, it has got more boring over the years! Last year was dire, its just all about sell and advertising now. I would definitely not take children.
But then, I don't know your children's boredom threshold. Good luck!

lisbapalea Tue 03-May-16 20:13:40

Thanks for the feedback! Their boredom threshold will be low so I think I will see if I can offload them for a couple of hours while DH and I have a wander around!

Rahgh Tue 03-May-16 20:46:49

We went today, with kids st school. It would have been hell with my 4 and 7 year olds! Not as good as I had hoped either...

Mum2KSS Wed 04-May-16 11:00:31

We went last year and left the kids behind, so glad we didn't take them as it would have been a nightmare. Give yourself plenty of time to look around though as there is a lot to see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now