Talk

Advanced search

How much should cleaning gutters in small terraced house cost?

(10 Posts)
whataboutbob Sun 01-May-16 17:09:44

I need to get my Dad's gutters cleaned. it's a small end of terrace house in Kent.
Additionally, there's a blocked downpipe. I have been quoted a very high price to unblock (£500) and pulled out and am waiting for someone who can do it in a few weeks, more cheaply.
I also want all the gutters cleaned and an idea of price would be very useful. Thank you.

Optimist1 Sun 01-May-16 17:28:34

I had ours done last year and the cost was £20 per "run" (so a detached house would be £20 x 4 because there are 4 sides to it; I'm semi so it was £60). No blockages dealt with, though. I'm SE England.

murphyslaws Sun 01-May-16 17:32:11

We paid £300. Semi south east.

He was here all day cleaning and clearing them, went around down pipes and drain .

whataboutbob Mon 02-May-16 16:44:31

Thanks that is really useful to know. Any more gutter cleaning purchasers? I'd love to know how much you paid.

Chottie Mon 02-May-16 16:48:18

No blocked down pipes here, but my gutters are always full of pine needles (thank you NDN) and need clearing every 2 months or so. The window cleaner charges £40 and does it when he is here cleaning the windows.

(Five bed detached house in south east London).

Ouriana Mon 02-May-16 16:50:28

I have a tiny terrace and my window cleaner charges £20

VulcanWoman Mon 02-May-16 17:23:35

Small terraced in the Midlands under £50. The window cleaner option sounds great though.

TotalConfucius Mon 02-May-16 17:33:13

My sister, just outside Ashford in Kent, had all the gutters cleaned on her detached bungalow and all her outside Windows cleaned last week- £59.

fartlek Wed 04-May-16 22:19:10

I had mine cleaned out and resealed with tar, £90. We are mid-terrace Edinburgh and that was just the front!

whataboutbob Thu 05-May-16 07:44:49

Fartlek maybe you pay a tax for living in a lovely city (simmers with jealousy!!).
Thanks everyone it's so useful to have an idea of costs, if anyone comes back at me with £500 type quotes I'll now they're thinking "give the bird a silly quote and see if she salutes"! I also feel a little less pressured now the weather looks set to be dryer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now