Advanced search

House sold with dodgy electrical cert (and electrics)

(3 Posts)
Babypythagorus Thu 28-Apr-16 19:50:57

We bought in November. Immediately it became obvious there was something wrong with the electrics: they kept shorting, we can't use the heated floor in one room or it all goes off etc.

We then had a new kitchen put in and the electrical report says the main board etc need replacing and are dangerous.

I've googled the electrician who apparently did the cert, he doesn't seem to exist. What next...?! Do I have any redress with the EA? Or seller?

Thanks all

BlackeyedPetitsPois Thu 28-Apr-16 20:01:57

Blimey that sounds pretty crap.

You could contact your home insurer. You might have cover which will assist in any claims you may wish to make against the previous owner. There is usually a time limit I think buy your insurer would be able to confirm.
Other than that go to the CAB for advice?
I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along in a bit.
Good luck.

BurningTheToast Fri 29-Apr-16 07:17:06

Call the solicitor who did your conveyancing. This happens more often than you'd like to think and they'll know what to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now