council says they have approved our planning application "in principle" what does it mean?

(7 Posts)
Hackneygardener Thu 28-Apr-16 19:29:05

The council says we have to supply new drawings, this is fine, we are happy to do whatever they say as long as we get our loft conversion. I think it is cause to celebrate, but dh worried that they could still change their minds.....

pippistrelle Fri 29-Apr-16 11:20:49

Have they said why they want new drawings? Have they asked for changes, or was it a question of quality or not enough copies? I think I'd err on the side of cautious optimism.

Hackneygardener Sun 01-May-16 21:12:34

they want the loft extension to be set back and new drawings to reflect the change, we are happy to do whatever they want....

pippistrelle Mon 02-May-16 09:51:16

Well, essentially, I think you're free to celebrate. They won't change their minds if you're complying with requests for change.

Good luck with the project ahead!

Hackneygardener Mon 02-May-16 15:58:07

we are in london, so even a box room where i can stick my twins it's a gift....

Seeline Mon 02-May-16 16:04:10

I assume they haven't actually issued planning permission as yet, but have indicated that they are likely to approve the extension when satisfactory amended plans have been submitted.
Until you have that bit of paper in your hand, don't assume anything though - sorry.

Hackneygardener Mon 02-May-16 16:44:24

Yes, likely to approve. We are spending more money for new application and drawings, so if they eventually don't approve it will be awful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now