NW England

(6 Posts)
OnTheMove28 Mon 25-Apr-16 14:22:17

OK, so potential move to NW England (commuting to Liverpool). Where would you ladies suggest to live? Two DCs, primary age, currently in a small village school. Budget of around £400k. It's an area I knew really well around 40 years ago but I suspect a lot has changed since then.....

namechangedtoday15 Mon 25-Apr-16 15:15:37

How far away do you want to be from Liverpool? When you say budget is £400k, what do you have in mind?

traceyed1 Mon 25-Apr-16 18:33:37

i recommend the wirral which is very close to Liverpool just through the mersey tunnels. lots of very nice areas there and close to chester and North wales as well. I live on the Wirral and wouldnt live anywhere else. Oh and we have fantastic beaches too.

OnTheMove28 Mon 25-Apr-16 20:13:17

Thanks Traceyed. The Wirral is certainly on our radar. Very early stages namechanged but we're probably looking for a "family home", near to good schools (of course), and a rural or villagey location - it's what we're used to and I can't see me in a city anymore.

mimsnet Tue 26-Apr-16 00:10:29

I'd recommend somewhere like Churchtown, at the northern end of Southport. It has outstanding schools, a great village-y feel, local shops, delis, pubs etc and it's within your budget too. Also, it's around a 40 minute commute to Liverpool in the car smile. Or somewhere like Halsall, just outside Ormskirk, would be lovely too. It's more rural but more pricey. Both are great! I hope your move goes well flowers

OnTheMove28 Tue 26-Apr-16 11:03:54

Thanks mimsnet, I'd been focusing more on Ainsdale/Formby as it's where I know/knew.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now