Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Plug socket colours - white or dark grey?

(5 Posts)
alwaysfancywine Sat 23-Apr-16 19:16:19

Need to make a snappy decision on this one. We having lots and lots of new double sockets put into our renovated house. Builder and DH think we should go for the dark grey/metal ones as they match the radiators and internal doors plus they look 'smarter. However I think white so they blend in with the walls. Like, why draw attention to them?!! Thoughts anyone? Thanks everyone

FrikkaDilla Sat 23-Apr-16 19:27:50

We've got some Forbes and Lomax antique bronze ones and then we put white ones where we thought we couldn't see them.

I much, much prefer the dark coloured ones even although our paintwork is pale. I realise that most of our plugs and wires are black nowadays. You will have to do light switches as well!

Have you seen the "invisible" Forbes and lomax switches? We used them in the kitchen for some plugs and they also have their place.

FrikkaDilla Sat 23-Apr-16 19:29:04

www.forbesandlomax.com/the-antique-bronze-range.html

(I'm sitting looking at my white TV plug now and it's annoying me!)

HeirOfNothingInParticular Sat 23-Apr-16 19:46:00

I like metal ones, brushed or polished steel. If you go for white, choose a slim profile www.toolstation.com/shop/Electrical/d190/White+Flat+Plate/sd3103

GiddyOnZackHunt Sun 24-Apr-16 00:18:30

In a kitchen where they are nearer eye level I'd go for 'feature' sockets. At low level in a traditional setting I would choose white to blend in as you say.
Do you really want to make a feature of sockets in your lounge unless you have loft style minimalism?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now