Some signed for my post in flat gone missing - Help/Advice

(9 Posts)
ashleyanne2016 Sat 23-Apr-16 13:05:59

Hello I am just wondering if anyone had the same problem with signed for post we've just moved flats a few weeks ago needed a bigger space. I bought tickets for rewind for my hubby and other friends to go 10 tickets in total which is about £700 but the ticket company made a mistake and sent them to my old home address instead of my work address anyway it seems the new person in the flat signed for it I have the signature which is obviously not me. We left our forwarding address and details when we moved so when they told us the tickets were delivered to our old address we weren't that worried and we called in twice, no answer, left another letter no answer again. We have a great relationship with our old landlord and they also contacted them again no answer. Royal Mail are saying it's our fault as we didn't tell them we are changing address and ticke.... have said the same thing, any suggestions? my hubby thinks they kept them and sold but I'm hoping its just an oversight we also sent letters to everyone in our building to see maybe if they signed for them again no answer from anyone which surprises me, we have a child just starting school so really can't afford to have to give nearly £600 pounds back to friends etc.

MrsGradyOldLady Sat 23-Apr-16 13:08:44

Could you contact your bank and do a charge back?

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sat 23-Apr-16 13:11:30

The bank wouldn't do a charge back. It's not their fault.

I would try the flag again a couple more times, leave a note saying if they don't give the tickets back you will go to the police. You might have to do that, get them charged with theft.

ashleyanne2016 Sat 23-Apr-16 13:28:29

Thank you both yes that's what hubby wants to do the police, he is going mad he thinks the fact they haven't contacted us says a lot I am a bit calmer and think people are basically honest I don't even know the name of the person in the flat the landlord won't tell us he says that confidential

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sat 23-Apr-16 13:30:51

How long has it been? Maybe they're away?

Tne landlord would have to tell the police. You can prove that the post went there, thag it was signed for so that's really good for you.

ImperialBlether Sat 23-Apr-16 13:31:14

What do you mean, the ticket company made a mistake? Surely there's a bit on the form that asks where they should send the tickets to and you enter your details there? They didn't dream up an old address. If they didn't send it to the place that you stated they should have sent it to, then you have a case to put to them.

ashleyanne2016 Sat 23-Apr-16 13:38:28

Yes maybe they are away so could be it, the ticket company sent to the billing address but they are saying either way I should have notified them of my new address so if I was there it would have got to me regards if it was sent incorrectly they also won't cancel the tickets or reissue new ones which would solve the problem just told me to take it up with RM, the guy I spoke to in RM was really helpful he has logged a case but doesn't think it will be successful even though it's obviously not my name that was signed. I am a bit concerned about accusing them outright as they could say we sent them back its not my signature etc. just not sure where to go from here

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sat 23-Apr-16 13:42:05

Well if the ticket company didn't send the tickets to what you put down as the delivery address I would kick off big time with them and threaten action against them.

ImperialBlether Sat 23-Apr-16 15:23:18

It sounds as though your old address was automatically down as the delivery address, with your current address down as the billing address. Unfortunately this is your error, not theirs. I had a similar thing on Amazon when I had something sent to a friend a while ago and her address stayed as the delivery address for my next purchase.

Can't you get the tickets cancelled and then repurchase them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now