Duropal worktops

(9 Posts)
traceyed1 Sat 23-Apr-16 06:55:30

Hi
Has anyone got a duropal worktop? Are you happy with the quality? Still dithering over what worktop to get. What would you say was the best laminate worktop?
Thanks

TheCrumpettyTree Sat 23-Apr-16 11:58:53

Yes we have duropal and are happy with it. We have the shiny finish and it looks really good. Couldn't afford anything else so this was the best option!

namechangedtoday15 Sat 23-Apr-16 14:20:21

Yes, we had Duropal on the "working" section of the kitchen, quartz on an island. It looked lovely, was really happy with it.

Kstar8 Sat 23-Apr-16 15:13:32

Watching with interest as we need a worktop and don't think we can stretch to Quartz which we would love.
I've heard duropal is great but I am struggling to find any shops that stock it so we can view it first...are there any chains that stock it? According to their official website, North London is nearest to us (we are in Surrey)

namechangedtoday15 Sat 23-Apr-16 15:36:10

Do you have a timber merchant locally KStar? Our local merchant isn't listed as a supplier but they have little blocks of 4 or 5 different manufacturers.

FWIW we used HC Supplies and I think they would send you a sample.

Kstar8 Sat 23-Apr-16 16:02:37

Thanks namechanged, we have a couple so I'll ring them!

HeirOfNothingInParticular Sat 23-Apr-16 17:45:42

I've got it, and replacing with quartz soon. It's fine if you won't have a joint near the sink. Unfortunately due to the layout of my kitchen there is a join very close to the sink, and even though this was sealed properly there has been some water ingress and the worktop has blown. It would have happened with any other laminate worktop though tbf.

traceyed1 Sat 23-Apr-16 18:50:41

Thanks for everyones comments. we have finally brought a worktop! Not Duropal as it turns out but we are very happy with it!
www.bushboard.co.uk/products/range/prima/ice-165

GiddyOnZackHunt Sat 23-Apr-16 22:46:18

We had duropal put in in our old kitchen and it was great. We're having it again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now