Advanced search

Gas safe certificate

(7 Posts)
Heatherjayne1972 Thu 21-Apr-16 19:07:57

Do you have to have one to sell your property?
I don't have one The solicitor is asking for a copy
Can property be sold without it ?

LIZS Thu 21-Apr-16 19:10:00

Don't think so, although you may as well to verify boiler etc are safe if you haven't had it served recently.

Sunnyshores Thu 21-Apr-16 19:51:52

yes, properties can be sold without it, a residential property lived in by the owners wouldnt have one - maybe a boiler service instead, by again not legally required.

It is legally required if you have been letting your property - to let it, not to sell it.

specialsubject Thu 21-Apr-16 20:06:36

There may be some confusion - having been there.

no, you don't need a landlord's gas safe cert to sell. But you MUST have building regs approval for the boiler, it should have been registered with the council when installed by the registered installer. You can't sell without that.

if they want a gas safe cert, it should only cost about £100 with a service (gas chaps don't tend to do the certs on their own).

Heatherjayne1972 Fri 22-Apr-16 05:57:57

Boiler was there before we were so wouldn't know if it been registered correctly - I assume so since this wasn't mentioned when we bought the property in 2012

Footle Fri 22-Apr-16 06:01:07

Isn't there a notice inside the boiler door with details about installation ?

specialsubject Fri 22-Apr-16 10:40:58

Stop assuming and call the council.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now