Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How would you extend this house?

(7 Posts)
MaryPoppinsPenguins Wed 20-Apr-16 22:25:41

I've just bought this house... (Yay!)

Due to the plot and it being on a corner, I can only extend all along to the side (along the wall where the kitchen, door, stairs then living room is) or a small extension at the back (just along the room with patio doors)

In an ideal world, I'd like a kitchen / diner, living room, downstairs w/c and an extra room to be a study! That's not going to happen is it? hmm

I can extend the second floor too, but hopefully for a bedroom...

Any ideas? flowers

MaryPoppinsPenguins Wed 20-Apr-16 22:26:25

Forgot the photo...

storybrooke Fri 22-Apr-16 15:23:55

Could you not knock down the wall for a kitchen diner (we have that layout if you leave the units as is and works really well), then add a room to the side of kitchen as an office with w/c attached or pop that under stairs? Otherwise is there room in the hallway as you walk in?

storybrooke Fri 22-Apr-16 15:24:01

Could you not knock down the wall for a kitchen diner (we have that layout if you leave the units as is and works really well), then add a room to the side of kitchen as an office with w/c attached or pop that under stairs? Otherwise is there room in the hallway as you walk in?

W33XXX Sun 24-Apr-16 09:28:55

You could do a half length two storey extension to the side. Take length off both the kitchen and the bathroom to create additional hallway - new kitchen wall come in line with existing lounge. And have a narrow bathroom. Open up lounge to have kitchen dinner. Downstairs extension house study and wc - possibly utility or cupboard depending on footprint/layout. Upstairs extension house fourth bedroom with possibly second family bathroom or ensuite depending on footprint and layout.

AgathaF Mon 25-Apr-16 11:46:53

Can you knock the kitchen through into the lounge for a large kitchen diner. Put the downstairs wc under the stairs and study in a side extension? Or possible wc under the stairs, depending where the opening is, as I don't think building regs allow a sc door to open directly into a kitchen now.

You could then build above the side extension for another bedroom, taking off a slice of bedroom one for the landing to get through to it. You'd probably have enough room for an ensuite too, if you wanted it.

MaryPoppinsPenguins Mon 25-Apr-16 11:52:20

Great suggestions, thankyou smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now