Talk

Advanced search

IKEA kitchen - Using other supplier for doors/drawer fronts

(8 Posts)
StillRunningWithScissors Tue 19-Apr-16 19:09:30

Wondering if anyone has done this?

I'm a fan of using ikea kitchen cabinets/carcasses due to the wide range of options, great reviews, and of course the cost.

The only issue is that none of their door/drawer fronts are the style I'm looking for.

I've found this company, who are actually local-ish to us. They seem to be very transparent with their costs, and work off of the plans you create using the ikea planner tool.

Has anyone done this? And (fingers crossed) anyone used this actual company?

Thanks!

StillRunningWithScissors Tue 19-Apr-16 22:23:23

Bump

BurningTheToast Wed 20-Apr-16 05:37:41

I'm afraid I can't advise, but I'm really interested to hear what others have to say as we're thinking of doing the same thing.

StillRunningWithScissors Wed 20-Apr-16 06:59:34

Well let's hope someone with knowledge let's us know :-)

OnePlanOnHouzz Wed 20-Apr-16 07:44:57

I have designed for two families doing this since the change in carcase sizing in IKEA both seemed delighted with the outcomes .
Adding block feet 40mmx40mm will give a look similar to a bespoke type product too ...
Not familiar with that company - but all looks promising and if you are close enough to visit - go see what it looks like ?!

YesThisIsMe Wed 20-Apr-16 07:47:50

Can local firm give you references from previous work?

StillRunningWithScissors Wed 20-Apr-16 13:00:33

Thanks OnePlan, think a visit is a great idea.

YesThisIsMe, we don't have a builder/fitter as of yet, but good question to ask when getting people around for quotes.

Thank you!

namechangedtoday15 Wed 20-Apr-16 13:28:48

Watching - would be useful for wardrobes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now