Advanced search

Who do I need for this job?

(4 Posts)
NoCapes Mon 18-Apr-16 10:30:01

I want to have an opening in the wall between the kitchen and dining room and the existing dining room door closed up
Trying to get someone round for a quote but I don't know who blush do I just google local builders? Then what about joiners/plasterers? Will I need to find those after?

lalalonglegs Mon 18-Apr-16 10:48:08

A plasterer should be able to plasterboard it and skim over. If it is a large opening (a doorway rather than a hatch), he may have to fix a couple of pieces of timber across the opening to screw the middle of the plasterboard into but that'sv ery basic carpentry and shouldn't require a joiner.

NoCapes Mon 18-Apr-16 11:05:41

Oh so just a plasterer to close up a door?
Ang idea for knocking through the wall? Just a general builder?

lalalonglegs Mon 18-Apr-16 11:35:31

I misunderstood, I thought you just wanted a hole closed up. If you need an opening created as well, you will probably be better off getting a general builder onto it as the new opening may require support, you will probably want to finish it off with architrave etc. Either he will be able to tackle all these jobs himself or he will have contacts that he can call round for a couple of hours to do their bit and give you a price for the overall job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now