shed advice

(7 Posts)
LouTheMac Thu 14-Apr-16 21:37:28

We are finally getting rid of our dilapidated shed which must be older than I am. It's 12 x 8 ft which is big but we have a big garden so looking for one the same size.

I have found a shed which has a partition wall & 2 separate doors. It has a smaller section 4' x 8' presumably for dirty lawn mowers & strimmers etc
Then a larger section 8' x 8' where everything else could go ie bbq, furniture, bikes etc

Dh likes the idea if this. Is it a good idea or in practise a bit annoying having 2 sets of locks and 2 smaller spaces than one big one?

This is the shed http://m.shedstore.co.uk/garden-sheds/wooden-sheds/shed-plus-champion-heavy-duty/shed-plus-champion-heavy-duty-combination-double-door-shed-12-by-8

Seeyounearertime Thu 14-Apr-16 21:42:59

You may find it very advantageous.

Basically you can keep the main "Body" of the shed as a cleaner section, where you'd keep bikes, chairs, patio sets, spare chest freezer etc or you turn it into a hobby room and sling benches and what not in there.

Then the little room is the dirty room. Spare oil, strimmer, chainsaw, mowers, shovels etc. Or you keep the small section for more valuable stuff and keep it heavy locked.

To get over the issue with keys etc, get combination locks. No keys to lose.
It's a great shed that is. I miss my shed. sad
I dont have room for one now, we have a big plastic chest with mower and such in.

You can't beat a good shed.

LouTheMac Thu 14-Apr-16 21:47:00

Ha ha love a bit of shed passion but really we're novices and will be stuck with the thing once it's bought!! It does seem like a good idea though.

What do people do about putting them together? DH is great with flat pack furniture so should we just do it ourselves or better to get a pro??

Seeyounearertime Thu 14-Apr-16 21:53:41

Theyre easy enough.
They should come in panels. Base, walls and roof and with all the fixings. Just make sure your grpund is flat and is solid, put the bottom panel down, attach walls to the floor, attach walls to each other, put roof on. It's a weekend worth of work between two if you take your time.
Dead easy.

Or pay for installation ;)

WeAllHaveWings Thu 14-Apr-16 21:53:59

Good idea if you got the room for it. I'd used the small part for dangerous stuff like mowers, shears, axes, weed killers and chemicals, swing ball etc.

Treysanatomy Fri 15-Apr-16 11:54:35

Ooh I'd have loved one like this but we don't really have enough space. A local handyman will prob put it up for you for much less than the company will charge.

MiaowTheCat Fri 15-Apr-16 12:36:38

My parents have a three parted one with a bloody balcony and tapestries hanging on the walls (my mum ran out of wall space in the house so kept going hanging things up)! We jokingly call it the sheriff's office - but it is handy - they have a woodstore part that they don't bother locking, a proper garden shed bit for bikes and stuff and a general mancrap that's never going to get fixed but he refuses to get rid of just in case section.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now