Painting/decorator quote? HELP!

(7 Posts)
Scattymere Thu 14-Apr-16 14:27:18

Had a lovely builder round yesterday who is well recommended on mybuilder and also reviews saying he is very fair price. To paint the whole open plan kitchen/diner/living room (7 metres by 6 metres) including primer and ceilings, the corridor, small downstairs loo, and upstairs bedroom (5 x 3.5m) and a plumber to replace a radiator- he has quoted £1700 and said would take most of a week.
I am supplying F&B paint and the radiator.

Does that sounds insanely high to you? He would bring a decorators assistant with him.

starkers1 Thu 14-Apr-16 16:45:23

I was told to budget roughly £500 a room for this kind of work- so doesn't sound too far removed?? Anyone with maybe more expertise?

leoniethelioness Thu 14-Apr-16 19:53:13

I've just had a quote for two double bedrooms, hallway and landing. £1180 including paint.

lovelilies Thu 14-Apr-16 20:06:46

Good God, I've just had an entire 3 bed ex council house decorated for £800!
I bought paint/primer/caulk etc.
This was from bare plaster and woodwork. All under coated and glossed including bannister.
<got myself a jolly good deal I'd say winkgrin>

BoyMeetsWorld Fri 15-Apr-16 10:00:56

We've been told about 5k for full 5 bed, 3 reception house. Don't reckon yours sounds too far out though...maybe just slightly.

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Fri 15-Apr-16 11:01:59

Depends - is it all nice fresh plaster and wood or is he going to have a fair bit of prep to do?

Does that figure include VAT at 20% too ???

TheWildRumpyPumpus Fri 15-Apr-16 12:51:14

We've just had our extension painted - 980 for a 65m square space which is divided into two rooms (plus a larder off the kitchen). He's also painted all the shelving in the ladder and 7 new doors throughout downstairs.

Your quote sounds pricey, but where in the country are you? We paid more when we lived in London.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now