Talk

Advanced search

annoyed with estate agents

(6 Posts)
stressedFTB33 Mon 11-Apr-16 16:11:24

So here is the scenario

View a property in major need of "modernization" basically it was a reck but had pottential. We were told by the eatate agent that because of the high interest in the property they would only accept best and final bids up to 12 today . put an offer of 5k below the asking price
It was rejected when i asked the estate agent if there were any offers accepted he said no and i asked if there were any on asking price he said he was thinking about two that were above the asking price .
Why would he reject offers above the asking price then ?
I am so tired of dealing with agents i am almost thinking of giving up until the property market slows down a bit ( if it ever will )

Gazelda Mon 11-Apr-16 16:16:02

I don't understand why this is the estate agent's fault. Surely it's the vendor who is deliberating which (if any) offer to accept.

And maybe those who are offering over the asking price are in difficult chains, or situations where it might be tricky to get finance or any number of other reasons why their offer isn't overly attractive. It's not always just about who offers the most £.

stressedFTB33 Mon 11-Apr-16 16:24:50

I should elaborate the reason he said to me best and final offers was because the seller wanted to sell as soon as possible . The property is vacant for a month and he is moving abroad so the estate agent said he would take an offer today . So it seems to me a bit weird that he has 7 offers above or close to asking price and didnt take any
It just makes me think that what the EA said before was false or that he was trying to create a rush .

Hufflepuffin Mon 11-Apr-16 19:44:06

I think what's happened is the vendor has ruled your offer our but is still choosing between the others. So the estate agent has told your your offer is rejected, which is actually quite nice as the agent could have left you hanging till the vendor made up his mind.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Mon 11-Apr-16 19:53:56

I dont understand your annoyance.

Two people offered higher than you.

Your offer is too low and rejected.

The vendor is deciding between the two higher offers.

HereIAm20 Mon 11-Apr-16 20:34:26

The Seller hasn't rejected the higher offers yet but is thinking which will be the better most viable option eg one might be a bit lower but chainfree whereas the highest may be in a longer chain. Nothing to be cross with agent for though! confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now