Advanced search

moving powerless, wayleave etc

(6 Posts)
SquidgeyMidgey Sun 10-Apr-16 15:56:05

We have a pole in the corner of our garden that carries an electricity supply through our garden, but not to our house. We receive wayleave cheques annually for this. We'd really like to do a small extension, it's an awkward plot and the only way we could do it would be refused because of the proximity of the lines.

Can we apply to have the line put underground then build over it? I've Googled and found conflicting information so if anyone actually, really knows I'd be grateful to hear.

SquidgeyMidgey Sun 10-Apr-16 15:56:44

Powerlines, not powerless!

wowfudge Sun 10-Apr-16 17:13:54

I think the only way to find out would be to contact the electricity distribution company in your area.

SquidgeyMidgey Sun 10-Apr-16 19:04:15

Thanks wowfudge. DH is going to grovel very, very nicely to them and hopefully they won't say no immediately...

wowfudge Sun 10-Apr-16 21:17:43

If they are prepared to do it, they will charge you for any work they do, but will quote first.

SquidgeyMidgey Sun 10-Apr-16 21:22:49

I know we'll have to pay the cost, but have read online that often they just say no.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now