Talk

Advanced search

Locksmith in Essex

(3 Posts)
Madrads Sun 10-Apr-16 12:56:22

I had to change a lock, I googled locksmith Essex and the first thing that came up was fastessexlocksmith.co.uk. I called the number on 07769 317700 . The locksmith arrive about 2 hours later and I was told it will cost £85 for parts plus labour, plus vat. It was estimated about £140. When he finished he gave me a bill for £243!! I already thought £143 was steep. He said because I live in the sticks he had to charge extra! What should I do? I feel as if I am been taken for a ride. Should I pay ?

wowfudge Sun 10-Apr-16 13:22:23

Emergency locksmiths are always expensive. If you weren't advised of the charge for travelling, I would pay what you were quoted and wrangle about the rest later. At least then you have paid them something. Where is he based? £100 round trip charge is a lot. Their website claims their is no call out fee so I would challenge the additional charge.

Madrads Sun 10-Apr-16 14:27:08

Thanks you. Will get back to them. I was left with the impression that I should have asked him about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now