using two different solicitors for conveyancing?

(4 Posts)
Melawen Thu 07-Apr-16 10:43:03

Hi - do people generally get two different solicitors for conveyancing if moving areas? I.E. one for where I'm selling (currently living) and one where I'm moving to?

Or do people still try and use one solicitor no matter how far they're going?

Is it (im)practical to do one or the other in terms of cost, saving time, etc?

wowfudge Thu 07-Apr-16 11:49:03

No - just use one for both transactions. Most can do things online, by email and by phone these days. Either find one locally to you now as it will be more convenient for dropping things off, rather than sending by post, or find one you are happy to deal with remotely. But get quotes from a few, see how you think they respond to you and come across and check reviews.

wowfudge Thu 07-Apr-16 11:52:56

We've used a solicitor nowhere near us or the house we're buying. It has cost us a few quid in sending documents by Special Delivery (to ensure next day delivery and nothing getting lost in the post), but that's all.

HereIAm20 Thu 07-Apr-16 15:56:59

Definitely use one to do both because otherwise as well as tying in with other (sellers and buyers) solicitors your own will have to liaise which would add to your cost!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now