Range style oven vs side by side single ovens

(2 Posts)
KanyesVest Sat 02-Apr-16 16:38:35

I'm trying to finalise our kitchen plans and as the main only chef in the house I get the final say. I love the Belling classic range but I want the cooking area in the island, so I think it will look weird, assuming i can get the upstand off behind the cooking area. Instead I was thinking of getting three separate pieces, 2x single side by side single ovens under the counter, with an induction hob to be set into the worktop (probably quartz). I cook and bake a lot, so either option will get plenty of use, and I wonder if maybe it's better to have three stand alone pieces which, just in case one ever keels over, all is not lost. But, it's more expensive. And I'm confused.

Marmitelover55 Sat 02-Apr-16 19:28:56

We have a range cooker which I love. However, I thought we would be able to remove the backplate but we couldn't as the wall behind became scorched when we did. It actually seems to direct the hot air upwards. Ours is a Smeg though and not a Belling, so you maybe ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now