What colour painted furniture?

(3 Posts)
swquestion Wed 30-Mar-16 08:37:19

I posted a while back about what colour my new kitchen is (it's newly installed in the house we are buying - I had some lovely suggestions including hamster tummy!).

We are a couple of weeks away from moving and i'm ordering a dining table and kitchen dresser (open shelves) where you can choose the paint colour from pretty much anything you want. The floor is being replaced from shiny white tile to a palish/blonde engineered wood.

I like strong colours and love inky/indigo blues - have been looking at the farrow and ball/little greene range as the furniture companies seem to suggest those. Do you think a strong dark blue on the table legs of the dining table and a colour in the same spectrum (but paler probably) for the dresser would work?

The dining table will be similar to this [http://www.pinefarmhousetable.co.uk/#!product-page/ndlvn/7bc10400-bfa2-4255-84da-ccb943a60a6f] but with straight legs and (hopefully!) the kitchen and dresser have attached.

Thanks - open to any suggestions.

seven201 Wed 30-Mar-16 08:40:19

I really think you should wait until you've moved in. I would probably have ordered completely different stuff if I'd done it before we moved.

swquestion Wed 30-Mar-16 08:41:55

I know. Except the furniture has a long lead time and we have family coming only four weeks after moving in so I'm itching to do it. Might have to sit on my hands!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now