Talk

Advanced search

Should I get shutters on my bay window?

(8 Posts)
LifeofI Tue 29-Mar-16 20:08:10

I would only want them at the bottom of the bay, I am not street level but just above but still considered ground if that makes sense. people who walk passed basically cannot see in but neighbors across the road could.
I currently have nets which my cat constantly destroys.
I tried reflective window film but i dont like the look and i am not convinced people cannot see it.

So i am thinking of with Venetian blinds or shutters but i dont want my room to be dark. Will it make it dark at all?

SpringingIntoAction Tue 29-Mar-16 20:21:53

Shutters are brilliant. You can let in as much light / rivalry as you want by angling the slats. They keep the room cosy in winter, cool in summer and stop some noise. And the look great. - went for those with hidden tilt bar. I wish I'd got them years ago.

cecinestpasunepipe Tue 29-Mar-16 20:25:48

I have the same dilemma. My cat has wrecked my nets - they look like Miss Haversham's wedding dress. Would he be able to wreck venetian blinds, or is shutters the way to go?

SpringingIntoAction Tue 29-Mar-16 20:33:34

The cats leave the shutters alone. They didn't bother about the Venetian blinds I had but used to break the chain links in verticals as they tried to weave in an out of them

I dint think of shutters as blinds. They're carpentry, fittings, furniture. Very easy on the eye

GreenMarkerPen Tue 29-Mar-16 20:36:36

go for it.
I love my blinds (full height ones)

Creampastry Tue 29-Mar-16 20:49:38

Get shutters without a doubt, but full size - I personally hate the look of half or 3/4 height shutters. Looks cheap and naff. Plus shutters create ambience and block out drafts.

Grittzio Tue 29-Mar-16 20:56:11

Full length shutters, as PP has said half or 3/4 look odd, I have full length but the top half tilts/shuts separate to the bottom half, so you can have bottom shut but top open IYSWIM, there's all sorts of variations. Mine are 8 years old and still look as good as new.

Yarpyarp Tue 29-Mar-16 21:03:40

Get them. Best window covering ever!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now