Advanced search

Baby due halfway through 12 week build. Where to move to?!

(3 Posts)
mousey100 Tue 29-Mar-16 20:03:26

We have the option of moving in with my parents, but neither of us want to do this.

So, our options are:
A) rent for 6 months locally (which is looking at costing min of £7000pcm).
B) find some magical option for 6 weeks until end of school term (for dd1) then rent a holiday cottage nearby for following 6 weeks (totalling £4000).

Your opions please!

Marmitelover55 Tue 29-Mar-16 22:49:21

Can you get builders to bring forward/delay build to before/after birth? I found it very useful to be on site during our extension and didn't have any spare cash for moving out anyway

mousey100 Wed 30-Mar-16 12:05:32

Thanks Marmite. Just reaised the very glaring error in my post - obviously it's not going to cost us £7000 pcm, but £7000 for 6 month rental! Still seems A LOT to me.
We chose our builders based on several very good recommendations, so decided to go with them, despite their eariest date being much later than we'd like. There's no way they can move us forward. We could get them to push it back until after the baby is born, but thought that might be even harder as we also have a 3 year old. We've been told we can't live in the house during the work but would rent nearby to kee an eye on the builders.
Do you think it would be easier to rent somewhere for 3 months once the new baby is here? I suppose I've just been focussed on getting back into the house as quick as possible (which would be when the baby is 4/5 weeks old).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now