Talk

Advanced search

Pls help me choose floor colour for new bathroom....

(13 Posts)
SwimInTea Mon 28-Mar-16 22:52:40

Hi all,

We are having our bathroom redone and We have gone for a dark vanity unit I am going to have white tiles half way up the walls... About eye level and then the rest of the wall will be painted in a light slate blue (something like the pic attached).

I need help choosing the flooring. We have decided to go for vinyl flooring in big tile effect... But I am stuck on colour. Would the attached flooring be too dark ? Would you recommend a lighter flooring? Something in white maybe??

TIA

SwimInTea Mon 28-Mar-16 22:53:46

Also, any recommendation for which brand of vinyl flooring should I go for?? It's not a very large area....

wowfudge Tue 29-Mar-16 06:24:26

I'd go lighter - very dark and very light colours are terrible for showing every speck of dust, every hair, etc.

Mrsladybirdface Tue 29-Mar-16 08:32:22

We have vinyl balmoral grey slate...it hides all dirt (not sure this is a good thingwink)

seven201 Tue 29-Mar-16 08:58:43

It depends on your hair colour! I shed so much hair and have dark hair so we have picked a dark grey tile. The previous owner had white floor tiles - I could never relax in there as I could never stop hair spotting!

cosmicglittergirl Tue 29-Mar-16 09:04:08

A lighter grey than your picture I think, similar to birdface's.

MythologicalPersonage Tue 29-Mar-16 09:05:23

I would go fairly dark too. There are some nice wood effect vinyls around at the moment which are worth a look. Also, look for something that has an r11 rating or higher so that it is slip resistant.

SwimInTea Tue 29-Mar-16 10:01:36

Thnaks everyone!

I have dark hair and I shed a lot too sad so maybe going with a dark colour makes sense.

Thanks for the tip on the r11 rating smile

Any specific brands??

SwimInTea Mon 18-Apr-16 11:47:19

Mythological I am struggling to find a flooring which comes in r11 resistance. Most of the standard ones are R10 for bathrooms. Is there a lot of difference between R10 and R11? I visited a few flooring stores and they all seem to recommend R10 as standard for bathrooms...
Thanks!

HereIAm20 Tue 19-Apr-16 11:43:47

How a bout a wood effect. Here is a picture of my bathroom blue (albeit paler than your blue) and white with wood effect tiles but my friend has wood effect vinyl.

MrsDarcy4092 Tue 19-Apr-16 17:44:18

i think those are too dark as with the blue it will make it feel cold. I think a warmer feel would be to go for either a mid grey colour or a dark wood effect - depending on your vanity.

Jitterybug Tue 19-Apr-16 17:46:51

Whatever you do, don't go for white. It has been my biggest house mistake, I hate our white tiled bathroom floor. It looks gorgeous immediately after cleaning for about 20 seconds.

A light grey would look lovely and hide more.

WeAllHaveWings Tue 19-Apr-16 18:11:05

Ive had White which shows up every dark hair, or dark grey which shows up every water splash. Wouldn't recommend either.

I Like birdfaces photo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now