Talk

Advanced search

Any tips on presenting a (small) house for viewings?

(8 Posts)
Cinnamon2013 Sun 27-Mar-16 16:25:56

We have an open day for our house next weekend. We're decluttering, putting toys away etc, smartening up the garden... Was there anything in particular you did that you think helped? Or that helped you to see potential in a house you were viewing?

It's a functional little two-bed, nice but no period detailing or anything.

JT05 Sun 27-Mar-16 17:52:19

Spotless bathroom, take away tooth brushes etc. leave out nice bath gel, perfume bottles. In the kitchen, also spotless, make the most of the countertop workspace, but don't make it too empty. Hide tea towels

We kept a new, uncreased duvet cover on a spare duvet to dress the bed. ( might be difficult if you cannot store your usual duvet)

Fresh flowers. Hope it goes well.

snowspider Sun 27-Mar-16 17:53:02

clean windows inside and out
present bathrooms with nothing in them ie no towels mats or toiletries toys just clear and clean

Dixiechickonhols Sun 27-Mar-16 18:00:40

Just one person stay in house to do the tour and other in garden with children or go out. Too many people make a place seem small.

Open windows and air house before they come so no stale smells.

goldenlilliesdaffodillies Sun 27-Mar-16 18:10:04

Make it have curb appeal with pretty flowers in pots outside. Declutter and clean until it is spotless. Remove personal photos and as much as possible from sides etc. Flowers in vases around the house. I also got nice tablecloth and put oranges in a bowl on the kitchen table. Apparently yellow makes people want to buy. I don't know how true that is though!

Good luck!

goldenlilliesdaffodillies Sun 27-Mar-16 18:12:27

I also removed all towels and bathmats and all personal items in the bathroom.
If you have an open fire/woodburner then light it.

tacal Sun 27-Mar-16 18:43:38

I took away all photos and de-personalised my house as much as possible. I bought nice little homely ornaments from Homebase and Home Bargains to have out in each room. I put a vase of fresh yellow flowers in the livingroom. I also borrowed a lovely white bedspread from my mum. It covered up my whole bed and made the bedroom look really good. It didn't look like my home once I had made all these little changes. Good luck

Cinnamon2013 Mon 28-Mar-16 11:10:35

Bathmats out, yellow flowers in! Thank you everybody for your advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now