Advanced search

How long did you wait for a response after you put an offer in?

(12 Posts)
Wishfulmakeupping Thu 24-Mar-16 11:34:43

On pins- out a very close offer in on our dream home this morn at 9am...why haven't they called don't they know I've got no patience (or fingernails left!)

JeffreySadsacIsUnwell Thu 24-Mar-16 11:44:36

Er, perhaps they're at work?!

I would assume that a) one or both may not be contactable during office hours so may not pick up a message until at least lunchtime, and b) they would want to discuss it with each other so may not get a chance until this evening. If they come back any sooner than tomorrow morning, count yourself lucky!

When our buyers put in an offer, DH was in meetings all day so I couldn't talk to him until 8pm. I was not going to make a decision on my own.

JeffreySadsacIsUnwell Thu 24-Mar-16 11:46:00

Although tomorrow is of course Good Friday, so they may not get back to you till Tuesday... wink

Hopefully they'll put you out of your misery before then!

thesnailandthewhale Thu 24-Mar-16 13:52:25

Put in an offer £2k above asking price (there was another bidder too) and had to wait 2 weeks as seller was on holiday. It was a very long two weeks smile

Spickle Thu 24-Mar-16 14:07:01

Good luck and fingers crossed!

I'm now feeling guilty that I kept my buyers waiting for around 4 days....

starry0ne Thu 24-Mar-16 14:09:19

Just wanted to wish you good luck.

Florin Thu 24-Mar-16 14:31:57

Couple of hours but they said no, couple more offers back and forth and it was agreed in 24 hours. It is so hard waiting when it is your dream home. Good luck and hope they don't make you wait for the whole bank holiday.

wowfudge Thu 24-Mar-16 15:09:17

We waited from Christmas Eve until the first working day in January!

CallMeMousie Thu 24-Mar-16 15:14:36

A week. God knows why it took so long! But they said yes and we love our house now!

takeonefortheteam Thu 24-Mar-16 15:22:00

4 days, it felt like an eternity. We rang the agents daily for updates.
They said no, we got into a bidding war which wasn't fun.

Someone told me we should've given an expiry date on our offer, to focus their minds.

Wishfulmakeupping Thu 24-Mar-16 15:31:32

You're all far more patient than me!
Our first offer was turned down upped it by 2k which Is now 3.5k less than asking. Please keep your fingers crossed for me!

CallMeMousie Thu 24-Mar-16 16:32:36

Crossed! Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now