Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Radiator question (Pigletjohn??!)

(3 Posts)
JillyTheDependableBoot Wed 23-Mar-16 20:20:46

Raaah - have just had revised drawings back from architect and they have done some seriously random shit.

Victorian terraced house, double reception room leading into kitchen and side return extension.

In the current layout, there is a radiator in each room, so three altogether.

In the new drawings, the architect has proposed a Hulevad radiator by the door to the garden, recessed into the floor. It will be about 2m wide. This and the existing radiator in the front room will be the only heat source unless we use the fireplaces. We hadn't discussed this Hulevad radiator malarkey before so I have no idea where it came from. Are they £££ to buy, install and run? Having Googled I can't see any that are fitted flush with the floor as she's proposed. I don't know if I like it, don't know if we can afford it, and don't know if it will generate enough heat. Will obvs discuss with her tomorrow but thought I would see if any of you knowledgeable people have experience of them?

Whatdoiknow31 Thu 24-Mar-16 08:12:36

No experience of Hudevad rads, just had a look at their website - which model is she proposing?

I would think if your warm with your existing three rads then you won't be warm enough with two. Has the architect done a heat loss calculation?

They do look expensive IMO

JillyTheDependableBoot Thu 24-Mar-16 09:46:05

Thanks What. No heat loss calculation and she has not made it clear what model she's proposing - had a quick look yesterday and I couldn't find one that looked like it would work in the way she's suggested. Will push back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now