Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Buying and selling support thread?!

(1002 Posts)
GinIsIn Wed 23-Mar-16 09:20:41

Hi, I know there's a sellers' thread, and a buyers' thread, but I am knee deep in trying to do both at the same time and starting to feel like my head might explode and not sure which thread to visit to beg for someone to send wine Anyone else?!

Timeforacatnap Wed 23-Mar-16 20:19:39

Hi Fenella, same boat here, so sending lots of wine and cake. my buyer is hassling us to move out as they have sold and moved in with inlaws, but our sellers sols are incredibly slow, offered on our purchase early jan and their sols have just sent out draft contracts on their purchase, so we are stuck in the middle! searches are taking an age to come back and don't know who to chivvy first! Wished we never started but moving and a new job/commuting to new area is becoming incredibly stressful, and breathe! How about you?

wowfudge Wed 23-Mar-16 20:28:48

We are selling and buying too - in the middle of a chain. Think we are nearly there. There was a stressful blip last week where neither end of the chain could do any suggested completion date due to holidays and the ftbs at the bottom were getting twitchy. Anyway, that has been resolved now and we just need to get everything lined up in order to exchange. Hopefully that will happen next week. Then there is a wait for completion. We and our buyers have done all we can to keep things moving, but it's not been easy. We've had quite a number of hurdles along the way too. Can't really go into detail, but we nearly pulled out of our purchase. We're signing the mortgage deed tomorrow. Our EA has been really good - DP has been managing the relationship with her and she's worked for her commission!

StepAwayFromTheThesaurus Wed 23-Mar-16 22:23:08

We're buying and selling too. I just post on both threads (and now here too).

Our buyers have sold and moved in with one set of parents but aren't hassling us to get a move on (yet). We've been trying to find something and have offered on a house. The vendors have also got another (much lower) offer but wanted to know that our buyer's mortgage survey came back ok before accepting our offer. The survey came back fine so the EA has passed that on and we're waiting to hear back. It all feels pretty interminable (not least because it's still totally up in the air) right now.

Palomb Wed 23-Mar-16 22:31:04

I'm in. I've got wine

GinIsIn Thu 24-Mar-16 11:43:36

Yay, we have wine and cake - all we need now is a kettle chips emoji....

I honestly never realised how stressful this would be - we were FTBs when we got this flat and my dad basically handled it all for me (I know, I know), so I haven't a CLUE what I'm doing.

We have had an offer accepted on the perfect house, and the vendor has also found a new property so we are frantically trying to sell our current house before our dream house escapes us....

Luckily the Vendor's Vendor has no onward chain and our vendor is happy to wait for us to sell (fast moving area so shouldn't be too long a wait), and the vendor has taken the house off the market already for us, so I should be thanking my lucky stars but all I want to do is scream with anxiety and hide under the bed....

timeforacatnap - oh god, you must be torn between being annoyed the buyers are hassling, and sympathy they are stuck at their PILs! grin

wowfudge - you are so close!! It sounds incredibly stressful - you will definitely be due a celebration once you complete!

StepAway - everything crossed for you- sounds like you have a really strong offer on the table!

Palomb - thanks for the wine! Kettle chip?

goldenlilliesdaffodillies Mon 28-Mar-16 16:04:25

I'm also buying and selling (and am on the other threads). It is so stressful. We are supposed to be moving in less than 2 weeks but can't exchange until the tenant of the house we are buying moves out at the end of this week.

I find it so odd that anyone can easily pull out of either sale at any time. I don't think this is likely but it feels so unsettling. At what point can you send out change of address letters. When do you change doctors- do you wait until you have actually moved? It still doesn't feel like we are actually moving, especially as we are having packs.
Back to decluttering!

Mummyme87 Mon 28-Mar-16 20:29:53

We have our flat on the markets, had viewings, no offers... Awaiting feedback from weekend, and hopefully an offer!! We have a house we want to buy but they won't negotiate offers until we have an accepted offer 🙄😒 it's such a ball ache

JT05 Tue 29-Mar-16 14:14:52

Popped into our Sol. to see if paperwork from vendor was there. They said no. Got home to email from vendor saying her Sol. had sent it 2 weeks ago! Off to have words!

What a disappointment Mummyme maybe the Easter hols are holding things up.

Mummyme87 Tue 29-Mar-16 14:41:36

So we got an offer from weekend viewing but ridiculously low so not considered. Now have a viewing tomorrow evening and at the weekend.
Tomorrow shall be fun trying to clean and tidy with a 20month old...

FourForYouGlenCoco Tue 29-Mar-16 15:41:47

I've found my people! We are buying and selling. It's been reasonably straightforward so far, all things considered, but it's still been horribly stressful. We are currently in the middle of the neverending roundabout of paperwork to and from the solicitors, with no end in sight yet! Really want a completion date - provisionally looking like end of April but I'm convinced it will all go wrong before then, although no reason for it to! Can't even have wine as am pregnant. Insult to injury!

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 29-Mar-16 16:26:31

Buying and selling in what seems like a very straight forward short chain. I am selling to a developer, then I am buying, my vendors are buying a probate sale. Looks nice a simple yes.
But my ExH has to remove my name from the deeds of two other properties should be sign a bit of paper scan to land registry, but he should have done it four years ago.
Then the solicitor that I am tied to for the sale of my property ( due to other properties being sold to) does not deal with mortgage company so I have to have a sale solicitor and a purchase solicitor.
Then my sale is an option sale so I have to serve notice which I have done as the probate sale what to go as fast as possible. So what ever happens I am out on the 16th May.
Finally the executor for the probate sale is very elderly and very ill, but has refused to surrender responsibility to the solicitor. So to avoid the risk of him dying between we have to exchange and complete not just on the same day, but within the hour. If he dies before hand the solicitor can do it all.
Oh and I run my own business which employs 17 staff and I am a single parent (ExH lives hours away his choice).
I'm quite stressed.

suffolkpunch85 Tue 29-Mar-16 18:09:48

Our process started early March. Cash buyer for our house, our vendors are moving into a chain free house. Surveys all completed. How long should I expect the process to complete? Solicitors quoted 3 months when we started

JT05 Tue 29-Mar-16 20:10:44

🍷🍰☕️🍻 to everyone! Our solicitor forgot to let us know he had all the paperwork on purchase , except one small bit ! This is what we are paying for ??
Going into last week in current home, mixed feelings, but no going back!

Everything is achievable, all problems can be solved! grin

tickleyourpickle Tue 29-Mar-16 20:25:45

Can I join! I'm buying and selling.
It's been a long process, we've sold twice and it's fell through at the last minute.
3rd time lucky this time I hope!

We should have exchanged last Thursday but there was a problem, bank holidays set us back and should have exchanged again today, but our buyers solicitors had more enquiries about tiny things, so no exchange again today. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Basically if our buyer doesn't complete by Thursday she's pulling out as she owns another property and can't afford the extra stamp duty charge that comes into place on the 1st April.

Were packed and ready to go, if it all falls through again I am literally going to explode.

JT05 Tue 29-Mar-16 20:36:48

tickley it sounds like the balls in her court, so she'll probably complete on time.

wowfudge Tue 29-Mar-16 21:41:14

Found out today that we are unlikely to exchange until Friday at the earliest. Am sick of the uncertainty and being unable to arrange or do anything.

goldenlilliesdaffodillies Wed 30-Mar-16 15:38:24

Wowfudge I know exactly what you mean. This whole process is so frustrating. We are supposed to be exchanging and completing next week. Our solicitor has been really hard to get hold of and taking ages to respond. EA rang today to say it is all on track for next week but our solicitor e-mailed to say we can't move until the following week now. Our buyers are waiting for another search to come back and the solicitors for the house we are buying is ignoring queries from our solicitor about planning permission.

I am a teacher and really need to move in the holidays- not the first week back at school- so annoyed. There are only 3 people in our chain and we are the middle link.
Why does this all take so long?

Mummyme87 Wed 30-Mar-16 16:19:01

We have a viewing tonight and tomorrow afternoon. Maybe one at the weekend, hopefully something positive comes out of this week. I'm fed up

tickleyourpickle Thu 31-Mar-16 08:11:54

Mummy how did your viewing go?

We exchanged yesterday! Whoop whoop.
We've also completed on the sale of our house, and we complete on our purchase next Friday. Our lovely buyer is letting us live here until then. (She had to complete by today to avoid the new stamp duty charge that comes into place from tomorrow)

We went to see our new house last night as the seller has offered us a ton of furniture, which is great as we're moving from a bungalow to a 4 bed house so we don't really have much at the moment.

JT05 Thu 31-Mar-16 09:05:20

Great news Tickle, gives everyone hope!

Our seller has been dead keen to move quickly, as are we,. Our Sol.e Is waiting for a bit of search paperwork, survey is done, but we want to investigat a red flag.

All was ok until we asked to return to look at the red flag issue, which we assured them was not a deal breaker, but we need to know how serious it is- or not.
Since then all has gone quiet!! I will chase the EA today, but from Wednesday we are 300 miles away in our holiday house! So there will be a delay, which they will not want.

We thought sell first buy next would make life easy! Ha, ha!

wowfudge Thu 31-Mar-16 09:10:11

Our solicitor has sat on the last lot of documents from our vendor for over a week - it's all because of the rush to complete today to avoid the new stamp duty rules and those deals taking priority. So the earliest he will review the file will be tomorrow, but I'm betting it will next week now.

nextchapterplease Thu 31-Mar-16 09:49:48

Hello all not sure I belong here (yet!) but DH and I hope to put our house on the market ASAP after Easter having fallen madly in love with the first house we viewed !!
We are selling in London and moving to Glos so our market will move very quickly. ( our EA said we should wait until after the holidays and one 4 hour open day should do it!)
We haven't put an offer in yet as obviously we are scared we lack credibility when ours isn't yet on market .
So nervous that we will be too slow - although we would want to progress quickly for DCs schools...

Anyone got any calming words or advice on tactics when we offer?

FourForYouGlenCoco Thu 31-Mar-16 10:22:44

chapter we offered on a house before ours was on the market. We were in the process of doing ours up to sell, went to view a couple thinking nothing would come of it, and ended up offering! That was the Saturday, we put ours on the market on Monday. It took 4/5 weeks to sell, so not long at all, but those were a very, very stressful few weeks! The sellers wouldn't take theirs off the market til we had an offer, so we were living with the constant worry that we'd lose the house. It almost happened, but thankfully worked out at the last minute. We took less for our house than we wanted to though (as it was that or lose the place we were buying!) which means it's going to cost us a fair bit to move as we're covering a lot of fees etc out of our pockets rather than from the equity.

And obviously it could all go wrong yet. Just keeping on slogging through the endless paperwork from the solicitors. When do exchange/completion dates start getting floated around? Solicitor said if all goes smoothly we will prob be done around end of April and I really really want an actual date! This is only our second move, and last time we were ftb, so it's all new to me right now.

nextchapterplease Thu 31-Mar-16 11:22:24

Fourforyou thanks so much for the reply.
As with so many things on here it is huge comfort to know someone else has been through similar experience and I will keep fingers crossed yours ends well.
I am not especially highly strung but have felt nauseous and anxious since we left the viewing! God only knows how I would endure months of uncertainty.
The worst thing for us is we really want to know what school the DCs would be at and if the house fell through we would be back to square one!
Trying to think one step at a time but it's hard already.

This thread is not accepting new messages.