Talk

Advanced search

Grey gloss kitchen and white worktop

(10 Posts)
traceyed1 Sun 20-Mar-16 06:41:52

Just ordered our new kitchen but I have no idea of what colour tiles and walls to go for? At the moment it's between white tiles and greeny blue walls, deep purple tiles with light grey walls or blue tiles and light grey walls. Anyone got any suggestions that might go?
Thanks smile

PennyHasNoSurname Sun 20-Mar-16 06:54:18

Defiently white tiles. If you ever get sick of the colour in there then it is just a matter of repainting and your tiles will still go.

White subway tiles with grey grout looks good if you want to avoid co.pletely white.

Then the walls id paint them white too, and put colour into the room with a blind/accessories. If you want a colour on the walls then a pale blue/duck egg would probably look best.

ExtraHotLatteToGo Sun 20-Mar-16 07:42:37

What colour are your new cabinets?

Where have you ordered it from?

PennyHasNoSurname Sun 20-Mar-16 07:46:53

Grey gloss, Extra.

traceyed1 Sun 20-Mar-16 07:46:59

They are grey gloss from ikea.

Truckingalong Sun 20-Mar-16 07:50:09

Am having exactly the same dilemma (albeit my worktop is wood, not white). I like these tiles.

traceyed1 Sun 20-Mar-16 07:51:34

I love the colour of those tiles!

Motherwithflaws Sun 20-Mar-16 07:57:16

We've just about finished our kitchen and it's pale grey gloss, white tri-stone worktop (snow pearl with tiny sparkles) and we've got white walls with dark olive glass tiles and it looks amazing. None of the white tiles did it justice! I'll try and add a photo.

TheLesserSpottedBee Sun 20-Mar-16 09:24:51

We have grey gloss base cabinets and white gloss wall cabinets. We have opted for white tiles, rectangular like subway tiles but not actual subway tiles, and we are having grey grout to match the depth of colour of the grey gloss.

NoOneIsInterested Sun 20-Mar-16 13:12:17

I'd go for greedy blue or the teal ones shown in the picture below. They are not colours you would get sick of.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now