Talk

Advanced search

Modern pew?

(8 Posts)
swquestion Tue 15-Mar-16 14:32:38

Has anyone seen a kind of modern pew for sale? I’m buying a house with limited kitchen wall space (to hang pictures/photos) as most of the wall is taken up with floor-ceiling windows or vertical radiators. I’m looking for a dining table bench with a back and then a little shelf (to put stuff on) like a pew has…Thanks.

jfdusdjfdn Tue 15-Mar-16 15:08:13

Sounds like custom made is your best option - like I did. Go to your local tertiary college where they do woodwork & ask the head of dept to get one of the best students to do it for you. They get the practice, you get bespoke/good price. I did this & mine has a 'drop-down' front instead of lift up lid & we keep our shoes inside.

swquestion Tue 15-Mar-16 15:57:11

That is a really good idea, thanks jfd. Do you have a photo of how yours turned out?

PennyHasNoSurname Tue 15-Mar-16 15:58:42

Where do you live? I know of a great restoration place just outside of Somerset.

For North East England join "Little Ladies Vintage Furniture" group

SquinkiesRule Tue 15-Mar-16 16:26:10

We bought one on eBay with a matching coat hook shelf for the hallway. We bought unfinished one with a cupboard under for shoes. Then Dh painted it with chalk paint.
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BESPOKE-MONKS-BENCH-free-delivery-/252315615805?hash=item3abf2ec23d:g:hSYAAOSwr7ZW4YDZ

swquestion Tue 15-Mar-16 19:30:17

Thanks!

Cressandra Tue 15-Mar-16 21:28:28

it's worth contacting ebay sellers who make monk's benches, or benches generally - they may well add the shelf for little extra.

I would recommend a monk's bench kind of thing if you are at all short of storage. Holds loads.

LBOCS2 Tue 15-Mar-16 22:47:17

Something like one of these?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now