Talk

Advanced search

engineered bamboo flooring - where to buy?

(8 Posts)
PixieGio Sat 12-Mar-16 08:49:02

Any recommendations where to get our flooring from? So far we've looked at simply bamboo and the bamboo flooring company. Contemplating a diy job - been quoted £1600 for fitting 50sq m which I thought was a bit steep. Thoughts? Thanks!!

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 12-Mar-16 13:28:13

I have simply bamboo really hard wearing easy to fit and they were very helpful .

shanghaismog Sat 12-Mar-16 16:52:30

Can second Simply Bamboo, we used their carbonised wide plank engineered boards and love the warm colour of it. That said, we bought some accessories (door & floor joiners etc) from Bamboo Floorjng co and they were also great. Bamboo is pretty cheap compared to most types of wood flooring!

Lelivre Sun 13-Mar-16 07:31:59

We have fitted bamboo with a bit of carpentry help on day one to get started. Fitting a similar amount as you are planning took us some days, as certain areas around radiators and doorways were a pain.

The bamboo flooring company left us very disappointed with their after sales and I would not order from them again. I notice simply bamboo are cheaper and I would use them on another occasion, they are not so polished on the phone and that is why I didn't order from them...But we found BFC were very poor once they had our order.

PixieGio Sun 13-Mar-16 15:11:02

Thank you all for your responses. Looking like we are going to order from simply bamboo. I like the idea of getting a carpenter in to start us off and do the hard bits as well! Thanks all

NameRanger Sun 13-Mar-16 15:15:18

I've had samples from simply bamboo and we've decided to go for the strand woven one.

I tested it by scratching it with some keys and there was no mark at all.

I dropped some keys on it and there was two tiny dents when you turned it a certain way to the light.

I'm hoping they have another sale on when it's time for me to order!!

shanghaismog Mon 14-Mar-16 08:13:16

It is pretty much indestructible! We've flooded the utility room, dropped stuff, worn stilettos and no marks. Any little white scratches just rub a walnut on them and they disappear!

skippy67 Mon 14-Mar-16 17:13:37

we got ours from the Bamboo Flooring Company. Strand woven.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now