Advanced search

How long for mortgage offer?

(12 Posts)
Mumsywumsywoo Wed 09-Mar-16 17:10:09

How long after their valuation should I expect a mortgage offer (or not as the case may be)?

Honeyandfizz Wed 09-Mar-16 17:35:16

We have are just going through an application with Yorkshire bank, it has been about 2 weeks between valuation and offer. We delayed it though as my dh payslip didn't print off properly and we had to resubmit it.

Mumsywumsywoo Wed 09-Mar-16 17:45:54

We are doing it through a broker and I don't think any other info has been requested. The valuation was only carried out last Friday...

Slowlybutsurely Wed 09-Mar-16 18:41:22

Ours was the same day! We had a text saying the valuer had been out and then within the next 5 minutes a text saying offer in the post! Couldn't believe it (am still convinced there has been a mistake and they'll change their minds ha!)

Mumsywumsywoo Wed 09-Mar-16 18:53:45

Lucky you! What mortgage company

Slowlybutsurely Wed 09-Mar-16 18:54:45

Nationwide. Won't sleep properly until it all gone through though...

Mumsywumsywoo Wed 09-Mar-16 19:08:28

I know what you mean. My mortgage broker has just said he will call me...why at this time of night? That can't be good news..

Slowlybutsurely Wed 09-Mar-16 19:27:44

Fingers crossed!! Keep us posted!

Mumsywumsywoo Wed 09-Mar-16 19:33:29

Got the valuation back. It's a no goer. 50k under value by two different surveyors! It's a sign we shouldn't have it anyway..

Slowlybutsurely Wed 09-Mar-16 19:39:29

Oh no! Will the seller drop the price? That is a huge under valuation?

Bearbehind Wed 09-Mar-16 19:43:44

Definitely go back and offer the vendor the lower price.

The fact 2 professionals have valued it so much lower is their problem more than yours.

You can buy any house- they only have that house to sell.

They would have to have no requirement to sell at all to not budge on the price.

Good luck.

Mumsywumsywoo Wed 09-Mar-16 20:08:52

Thanks Bear. I have drafted an email to the EA offering the lower price. The EA has said all along that the vendor has no need to sell (it's a holiday let at the moment) so I really do not expect him to budge. Even if a cash buyer comes along they will still get a survey that will still reveal a low valuation so he does have a problem on his hands.

Im so upset but I half expected it.

Will keep you lovely lot posted. Thanks for the support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now