Help design my bathroom!

(11 Posts)
Niceteeth Wed 09-Mar-16 12:14:44

Having our bathroom and ensuite renovated and the builder has suggested wood effect porcelain floor tiles and white wall tiles. I thought this sounded interesting at first but now not too sure about the combination of wood and tiles. What do others think?

Niceteeth Wed 09-Mar-16 12:16:23

Like this

Niceteeth Wed 09-Mar-16 12:16:51

But will be only half tiled

Madblondeog Wed 09-Mar-16 12:23:17

That is exactly what we have, wood effect on the floor and white matt wall tiles and I personally think it looks lovely. We've only had positive comments from others too (although they could just be being polite!)

Niceteeth Wed 09-Mar-16 12:31:36

I got worried as lots of pictures online showed wood with painted only walls, giving a kind of period feel which wasn't what we were going for. Is it a dark floor you have?

Madblondeog Wed 09-Mar-16 12:37:25

No they're quite a light wood effect tile, then matt white tiles to half way then white paint. Its a modern style bathroom (well I think so) but not ultra modern

Niceteeth Wed 09-Mar-16 12:46:59

I see, oh well good to hear it looks OK. It's so difficult to visualise these things!

Madblondeog Wed 09-Mar-16 14:18:21

I would take a photograph for you but the layout makes getting one awkward!

Its very hard to visualise, I have a mountain of tile samples now in the garage but got there in the end.

Maybe have a look on Pinterest

FanSpamTastic Wed 09-Mar-16 14:36:43

I have driftwood tiles from Topps tiles on the floor and regal vanilla on the walls. I like it - looks bright and clean.

leoniethelioness Wed 09-Mar-16 21:11:52

Where do you find wall and floor tiles like in your picture? Any links? I'm trying to think of some ideas for my bathroom and think that looks great. Only quibble is I was going to avoid white grouting - it always seems to go grubby.

Niceteeth Wed 09-Mar-16 22:19:30

They're from topps tiles. I know what you mean about the grout, it looks nice at the start though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now