Talk

Advanced search

Moving to stoneleigh Surrey- any advice

(2 Posts)
Newbie9876 Sun 06-Mar-16 11:30:01

Hi all
I am new to mums net.
We have just been accepted for a house in stoneligh( early days yet) and come from London.

We are ready for the big move and being close to the station is a must so stoneleigh was perfect.

Does anyone have any advice about stoneleigh? We are in our early/mid 30s.
heard primary schools are good.

The Broadway is cute but wondering if anyone knows what/if any future development?

Appreciate any advice as we are completely clueless to the area but need to get on he property ladder.

NanTheWiser Sun 06-Mar-16 12:26:15

Hi, I live in Stoneleigh! It's a really nice area, and as you've noticed, the primaries are very good - I live right near both of them ( though that does have its drawbacks at School run timesmile). Easy to get to nearby shopping areas - Sutton, Kingston, Epsom etc. and with the station, easy commuting too.
I'm not aware of any future development for the Broadway - shops do come and go, but there are two chemists, Budgens and a Co-op, so quite useful for top-up shopping, I do my main shop at the big Tescos at New Malden, which is only a few miles away.
You also have Worcester Park close by, which has an Iceland and Waitrose, plus lots of small independent shops.
Housing is expensive, and always in demand so if you can afford a house there, it will be a good investment, prices will only ever go up.
If you've got any more questions, I'll be happy to try to help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now