Talk

Advanced search

Colour matching paint

(10 Posts)
ANiceSliceOfCake Fri 04-Mar-16 16:53:47

Is there anywhere that will colour match a paint from a photo? Would it work?

I want to paint a cupboard the same colour as my bath panel, but don't fancy lugging my bath panel around. Thanks.

lalalonglegs Fri 04-Mar-16 17:12:14

I don't think you would get an identical match. I'd lug if I were you.

ANiceSliceOfCake Fri 04-Mar-16 17:18:38

Oh no really. It's just been sealed in to. You can remove it for bath leaks but I was hoping to not have to disturb it. Buggar.

Danglyweed Fri 04-Mar-16 17:23:21

I think its dulux that do this, check their trade website. My dh is a painter but not home atm to ask

Karcheer Fri 04-Mar-16 17:56:20

Dulux do it but it matches to one of their paints, so say yours was crown, it wouldn't be an exact match just the closest dulux one iykwim.

You can take a photo and use...

Karcheer Fri 04-Mar-16 17:57:20

This website and then find the closest paint using...

Karcheer Fri 04-Mar-16 17:58:23

This website.

Might help...

TheLesserSpottedBee Fri 04-Mar-16 18:42:20

The colour matching service is usually where they scan the item and the computer picks the nearest colour. So you have to take the item with you.

It only really works on solid items, textiles are problematic especially coarse woven fabrics (can you tell I have done this a lot)

Best thing is to get a paint colour brochure, find the closest match and then bring back the colour swatches and match it up the best you can.

Or contact the bath panel company and find out the paint colour or RAL number of the paint, google that and it will tell you the paint colour.

PigletJohn Sat 05-Mar-16 08:58:20

Even if it seems to be the same colour, it will tend to look different under different light. For example I matched a vinyl silk (walls) to a satinwood (radiator) and they match in daylight but not artificial light. As their surfaces are different textures they don't look quite the same. If they were not next to each other you might not notice. Otherwise, they would look better "different" than "not quite the same"

ANiceSliceOfCake Sat 05-Mar-16 22:23:01

Thanks everyone. Some good ideas, I may email the company as a starting point and see if they can help. Then grab a load of colour charts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now