Talk

Advanced search

Installing a Neff induction hob?

(9 Posts)
Motherwithflaws Tue 01-Mar-16 21:16:11

Has anyone got a clue on how to install one of these sodding things? Ours is the T40B30X2 which comes with a bare wire and is 4.6kw
The kitchen fitter has said it needs to be hard wired into a cooker outlet. But when we've looked at the cable on the hob, we were surprised that it's a 1.5mm cable (builder dh who sort of knows what to do)
When we've googled, some reviews say theirs is just on a normal plug but with it being 4.6kw, my dh doesn't think it's a good idea.
The hob manual says that there are 3 hob settings, 10, 13 and 16 amps.

TalkinPeace Tue 01-Mar-16 21:19:12

never ever in a million years put a plug on a hob
it needs to be wired in with its own breaker

Motherwithflaws Tue 01-Mar-16 21:23:20

But you can buy induction hobs that do just plug in!?

TheLesserSpottedBee Tue 01-Mar-16 22:21:44

Mine is a De Dietrich and is definitely hard wired in ie no plug. The oven underneath is plugged in (had kitchen extension so had to know to tell the electrician re connections and how many sockets I needed)

The instructions for your Neff say

"Installation: The appliance must be connected to a fixed
installation"

I would look at paying for an electrician.

Octonought Tue 01-Mar-16 22:36:14

We have one - my husband is very handy with most DIY stuff and hates paying tradesmen, but even he didn't try. Pay an electrician, shouldn't cost too much. P.S. They are great smile

Octonought Tue 01-Mar-16 22:36:42

The hob I mean, not electricians!

TreeBird16 Wed 02-Mar-16 08:35:45

You need to hardwire it to a proper cooker switch

MaynJune Wed 02-Mar-16 08:48:22

You can apparently buy induction hobs that plug in. They're designed that way. You can't just plug in any induction hob.

MiaowTheCat Wed 02-Mar-16 10:17:57

The Bosch we've just got is a plug in type but our electrican has done it to a plug on a separate circuit that's set up to take it. He was quite surprised it was a plug in type though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now