Talk

Advanced search

What time to expect keys?

(5 Posts)
Littleelffriend Tue 01-Mar-16 09:56:54

So, I've bought and sold property before, and the time I have got the keys to the new place has varied from 11 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon. All of the previous properties have been mortgaged. I am due to get the keys for my new house this Thursday. There is no mortgage, my solicitor has the cash already (I transferred the whole amount yesterday), and the property I have bought is empty. What time can I expect to get the keys? Usually it's the mortgage that seems to hold things up, so I'm hoping to get them early??

wowfudge Tue 01-Mar-16 10:41:23

It depends when the funds have cleared into the vendors bank account. If you are not in a chain then your solicitor can make the transfer first thing in the morning and completion could be by around 9.30.

specialsubject Tue 01-Mar-16 12:25:11

the other crucial thing is that it isn't a Friday, and as you say 'this Thursday' it isn't just before Easter.

I did the same and had the keys by 11am.

Littleelffriend Tue 01-Mar-16 12:49:42

Thanks both, fingers crossed it will be early

didireallysaythat Tue 01-Mar-16 19:52:10

The latest time is in the document from your solicitor. Not that our sellers appear to have read that. They gave the keys to the estate agent but hadn't finished moving out....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now