Talk

Advanced search

Thinking of moving to Finchley Central - what's it like?

(6 Posts)
ParsleyTheLion1 Mon 29-Feb-16 19:58:22

We are contemplating moving from Archway road side of Highgate (where we're renting) to Finchley Central. We've been priced out of the areas I know (i.e. Muswell Hill/East Finchley/Crouch End) because I grew up round here.
We have a 14 month old baby. Please can people tell me what Finchley Central is like to live in?

Owlcat Tue 01-Mar-16 17:12:27

I lived there many years ago and remember that it mainly consisted of estate agents and a Tesco and Waitrose. The tube was good in the mornings if you timed it to get the trains from Mill Hill, which had lots more seats free, and I liked the Church End library. It's probably changed loads, so not much help but will bump up your post!

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 01-Mar-16 17:46:50

Like owlcat my memories are long while ago Waitrose, tescos and off licence. It was a nice area. Friends also moved there from Highgate hill so just up the road from archway. They found supermarkets more convienent, but area not as pretty.

JT05 Tue 01-Mar-16 18:07:12

Fascinating! We lived in E Finchley in the 80s, families wanting more space and who had more money moved to Finchley.

How times have changed. No idea what Finchley is like now. Sorry.

ParsleyTheLion1 Tue 01-Mar-16 20:46:16

Thanks peeps

Gummydrops Mon 02-May-16 13:54:55

Hi I'm thinking of moving to Finchley Central as well but know little about it OP. Have you found out more info and are you still moving?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now